This module includes a series of interactive lessons that provide a firm foundation in the operation of demand guarantees and counter-guarantees and outlines the scope of application of the URDG 758 rules.
Lesson 1 - What is a demand guarantee?
Lesson 2 - Operation of a demand guarantee subject to URDG
Lesson 3 - Life-cycle of a demand guarantee
URDG 758 Examined
This module provides an article-by-article analysis of the URDG 758.
1. Application of URDG
4. Issue and effectiveness
5. Independence of guarantee and counter-guarantee
6. Documents v. goods, services or performance
7. Non-documentary conditions
8. Content of instructions and guarantees
9. Application not taken up
10. Advising of guarantee or amendment
12. Extent of guarantor's liability under guarantee
13. Variation of amount of guarantee
15. Requirements for demand
16. Information about demand
17. Partial demand and multiple demands; amount of demands
18. Separateness of each demand
20. Time for examination of demand; payment
21. Currency of payment
22. Transmission of copies of complying demand
23. Extend or pay
24. Non-complying demand, waiver and notice
25. Reduction and termination
26. Force majeure
27. Disclaimer on effectiveness of documents
28. Disclaimer on transmission and translation
29. Disclaimer for acts of another party
30. Limits on exemption from liability
31. Indemnity for foreign laws and usages
32. Liability for charges
33. Transfer of guarantee and assignment of proceeds
34. Governing law
This module provides a series of interactive case studies which cover key aspects of demand guarantee work.
Case Study 1 - Issuance and amendment of guarantees
Case Study 2 - Presentation(s), transfer, and assignment of proceeds
Case Study 3 - Counter-guarantee
ASSESS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SUBJECT MATTER BY TAKING OUR ASSESSMENT
This module provides a comprehensive assessment for trainees to test their knowledge of demand guarantees and URDG 758.
Successfully complete the Assessment to receive an “ICC Certificate of Achievement” and qualify for 12 CPD's towards CDCS ®, CSDG ® and CSCF ® recertification.
URDG 758 Rules
Keywords in International Trade
Glossary of International Trade Terms